SECTION 12. Office for Management Services.—The Office for Management Services, headed by an Undersecretary who shall be supported by an Assistant Secretary, shall include six (6) staff services involved in providing support services to the Department Proper, field offices and attached agencies, which are as follows:
(1) Financial Services which shall provide the Department with staff advice and assistance on accounting, budget and financial matters; supervise the coordinated preparation and implementation of annual and long term financial and work plan and budget estimates; conduct periodic department-wide performance and financial reviews; and design and implement improvements in financial management systems, procedures and practices;
(2) Management Advisory Service which shall provide staff advice and assistance on internal control and management system improvement, including management information systems; supervise the establishment of a management accounting system, control procedures and management information systems for improved decision-making;
(3) Health Manpower Development and Training Service which shall formulate plans, policies, programs, standards and techniques for the effective and efficient manpower development and training of Department personnel; provide consultative, training and advisory services to implementing agencies; conduct studies and research related to health manpower development and training; and develop plans and programs for improved recruitment, deployment, development, and maintenance of personnel;
(4) Procurement and Logistics Service which shall undertake the central procurement of the health care products and supplies needed by the Department and its field offices which are not produced by or beyond the production capacity of its in-house production facilities; and ensure the proper, adequate and timely flow of health products and services to the Department’s field offices;
(5) Biological Production Services which shall formulate plans, policies, programs, standards and techniques for the processing, manufacture, standardization, and improvement of biological products for Departmental use; manufacture vaccines, sera, anti-toxins, and other biologicals; provide consultative, training and advisory services to implementing agencies; and conduct studies and research related to biological production, distribution and use;
(6) Administrative Service which shall provide the Department with efficient and effective services relating to personnel, records, collections, disbursements, security, custodial work, and other general services not covered by the preceding Services.