SECTION 18. Organization.—The Department is hereby authorized to establish, operate and maintain a Regional Office in each of the administrative regions of the country. Each Regional Office shall be headed by a Regional Director who shall be assisted by an Assistant Regional Director. The Regional Director shall be responsible for the School Divisions and their Superintendents within his administrative region.
SECTION 19. Functions.—A Regional Office shall have, within its administrative region, the following functions:
(1) Formulate the regional plan of education based on the national plan of the Department taking into account the specific needs and special traditions of the region;
(2) Implement laws, rules, regulations, policies, plans, programs and projects of the Department;
(3) Provide economical, efficient and effective education service to the people;
(4) Coordinate with regional offices of other Departments, Offices and agencies in the region;
(5) Coordinate with local government units; and
(6) Perform such other functions as may be provided by law.