SECTION 24. Regional Offices, District Offices and Provincial Extension Units.—The Department is hereby authorized to establish, operate and maintain such Department-wide Regional Offices, District Offices and Provincial Extension Units in each of the administrative regions of the country, insofar as necessary to promote economy and efficiency in the delivery of its services. Its Regional Office shall be headed by a Regional Director who shall have supervision and control thereof. The Regional Director, whenever necessary, shall be assisted by an Assistant Regional Director. A Regional Office shall have, within its regional areas, the following functions:
(1) Implement laws, policies, plans, programs, projects, rules and regulations of the Department;
(2) Provide economical, efficient and effective service to the people;
(3) Coordinate with regional offices of other departments and agencies;
(4) Coordinate with local government units; and
(5) Perform such other functions as may be provided by law or assigned by the Secretary.