Office of the Undersecretary for Industry and Investments
SECTION 12. Office of the Undersecretary for Industry and Investments.—The Office of the Undersecretary for Industry and Investments shall supervise all agencies involved in the formulation and implementation of programs and projects pertinent to the development of domestic industries and the promotion of investments in activities or enterprises critical to the Department’s trade and industry development program.
(1) Bureau of Small and Medium Business Development. This Bureau shall formulate and monitor development programs for private institutions involved in assisting the trade and industry sector, delivery mechanisms and linkages for marketing, financial and subcontracting services, and development programs for livelihood and micro, small and medium enterprises.
(2) Board of Investments, whose functions are defined below.
(3) Export Processing Zone Authority, whose functions are defined below.
(4) Bureau of Import Services. This Bureau shall monitor import levels and prices, particularly liberalized items; analyze and forecast import levels; analyze and publish import return statistics; perform annual reviews of the substantive components of the Philippine Tariff System and submit recommendations thereon; perform such other functions on import transactions as the President or the Central Bank of the Philippines shall delegate or authorize; and ensure that the Department’s views on goods under the jurisdiction of other Departments are taken into consideration.
(5) Iron and Steel Authority.
(6) Construction Industry Authority of the Philippines.