Office of the Undersecretary for Regional Operations
SECTION 13. Office of the Undersecretary for Regional Operations.—The Office of the Undersecretary for Regional Operations shall exercise supervision and control over the Department’s Regional Offices, described in Section 9, par. 1 hereof. It shall be responsible for the field operations of the Department, ensuring full compliance with Department policies, rigorous implementation of Department rules and regulations, and proper implementation of Department plans and programs by the Regional Offices in their respective administrative jurisdictions.
SECTION 14. Regional Offices.—The Department is hereby authorized to establish, operate and maintain a Department-wide regional office in each of the country’s administrative regions. Each Regional Office shall be headed by a Regional Director who shall be assisted by an Assistant Regional Director. A Regional Office shall have, within its administrative region, the following functions:
(1) Implement pertinent laws, and the rules, regulations, policies, plans, programs and projects of the Department;
(2) Provide efficient and effective service to the people;
(3) Coordinate with the regional offices of other departments, offices and agencies in the region;
(4) Coordinate with the local government units; and
(5) Perform such other functions as may be provided by law or appropriately assigned by the Secretary.