SECTION 14. Regional Offices.—The Department shall have three (3) Regional Offices in each of the administrative regions of the country: the Regional Office for Land Transportation, the Regional Office for Telecommunications and the Regional Office for Postal Services. Each Regional Office shall be headed by a Regional Director to be assisted by an Assistant Regional Director.
The Regional Offices shall essentially be line in character and shall be responsible for the delivery of all front line services of the Department.
For such purposes, the Regional Offices shall have, within their respective administrative regions, the following functions:
(1) Implement laws, policies, plans, programs, projects, rules and regulations of the Department;
(2) Provide efficient and effective service to the people;
(3) Coordinate with regional offices of other departments, offices and agencies;
(4) Coordinate with local government units; and
(5) Perform such other functions as may be provided by law.
The Office of the Secretary shall have direct line supervision and control over Regional Offices.