SECTION 8. Services of the Department.—The Services listed in Section 7(1) and (3) hereof and the Public Affairs and Liaison Service shall respectively have the following functions:
(1) The Personnel Development Service shall provide the Department with services relating to manpower, career planning and development, personnel transactions, and employee welfare;
(2) The Financial Service shall provide the Department with services relating to budget, collection, disbursement, and other financial matters;
(3) The Administrative Service shall provide the Department with services relating to records, correspondence, supplies, property and equipment, security and general services;
(4) The Planning and Monitoring Service shall provide technical services to the Department in the areas or overall policy formulation, strategic and operational planning, management systems or procedures, and the evaluation and monitoring of Department programs, projects and internal operations;
(5) The Legal Service shall provide the Department with services on legal matters, especially on proposed legislations;
(6) The Public Affairs and Liaison Service in the Office of the Secretary shall provide public information services and publications as well as coordinate and mobilize volunteers, non-governmental organizations and cause-oriented groups in partnership with the Department.
Each of the Services shall be headed by a Staff Director and may have divisions whenever necessary for the performance of its functions.