SECTION 28. Regional Offices.—The Department is authorized to establish, operate and maintain a Regional Office, whenever appropriate, in each of the administrative regions of the country, to be headed by a Regional Director who shall report and be subject to the supervision of, the Undersecretary for Regional Operations. A Regional Office shall have, within its administrative region, the following functions:
(1) Implement laws, rules, regulations, policies, plans, programs and projects of the Department;
(2) Provide efficient and effective service to the people;
(3) Coordinate with regional offices of other departments, offices and agencies in the administrative region;
(4) Coordinate with local government units; and
(5) Perform such other functions as may be provided by law.
SECTION 29. Department Offices in Other Countries.—The Department may also have such offices and representatives in other countries in places where its presence is considered necessary, subject to the approval of the President for each of them.