- At least 18 years old
- Physically and mentally fit to operate a motor vehicle
- Able to read and write in Filipino or English
- Clean, neat and presentable*
*Wearing of sando, sports shorts, and slippers during photo-taking and examinations will not be allowed.
- Duly accomplished application form for driver’s license (ADL) [Download this form here].
- Valid student permit (at least one month old)
- Medical certificate with official receipt from any duly-licensed and practicing physician (Note: The LTO will not accept medical certificates which are over 15 days old.)
- Negative drug test result (from a DOH accredited drug testing center & Government Hospital)
- If employed: Taxpayer’s Identification Number (TIN)
- Must have passed the written and practical examinations*
*Applicants who fail the Basic Driving Theory Test and/or the Practical Driving Test twice shall not be allowed to apply for the same within a period of 1 year. An applicant who fails either of the tests for the third time will not be allowed to apply for a period of 2 years. [Learn more]
- Go to the customer service counter to get your checklist of requirements and secure a driver’s license application form. [This form is available for download here. You can accomplish this form prior to transacting your business at the LTO.] Get a queue number.
- When your number is called, go to the evaluator counter and submit all the required documents and have it checked for completeness and authenticity.
- When your name is called, go to where your photo and signature will be taken.
- Go to the cashier to pay the application fee.
- Go to the Examination Room for the lecture and written exam.
- After passing the written exam, wait for your name to be called for the practical exam.
- After passing the practical exam, go to the cashier when your name is called for payment of necessary fees and obtain an official receipt (OR).
- Go to the releasing counter, wait for your name to be called and present the OR and claim the card type license.
Any licensing center/ district office with new driver’s license transactions
|Fees and charges|