BY THE PRESIDENT OF THE PHILIPPINES
EXECUTIVE ORDER NO. 810
GRANTING SALARY INCREASES TO TEACHING POSITIONS OF THE PHILIPPINE SCIENCE HIGH SCHOOL (PSHS) AS AN ACCELERATED IMPLEMENTATION OF THE 1979 SALARY SURVEY.
WHEREAS, Presidential Decree No. 985 empowers the President to determine the compensation of government employees;
WHEREAS, Executive Order No. 722 provided for salary increases for teachers and other related teaching positions in the Ministry of Education and Culture;
WHEREAS, the general and specialized functions of the Philippine Science High School (PSHS), a unique secondary school, are vital, necessary and indispensable to the attainment of the goals of the national science and technology system;
WHEREAS, it is the policy of the government to adjust the salary of government employees to allow them to cope with the increased cost of living.
NOW, THEREFORE, I, FERDINAND E. MARCOS, President of the Philippines, by virtue of the powers vested in me by law, do hereby order and instruct:
1. The salaries of teaching personnel in the Philippine Science High School shall be adjusted by four (4) salary steps in the national compensation plan. The position of Director, PSHS shall be equated to Career Executive Service Rank III, Grade I with a salary of P50,376 per annum.
2. The salary ranges of teaching positions shall be upgraded by six (6) salary ranges based on the salary ranges appearing in the CY 1981 Personal Services Itemization in accordance with the salary range schedule under P.D. No. 985.
3. Funds to implement this upgrading shall be charged against salary lapses and other personnel services savings of the agency. The PSHS shall generate savings from its operating expenses for CY 1982 to cover the additional salary cost provided therein.
4. The salary increases directed by this Order shall take effect December 1, 1981.
5. The rules and regulations needed to comply with this Order shall be formulated and issued by the Director General, Office of Budget and Management.
Done in the City of Manila, this 12th day of June in the year of Our Lord, nineteen hundred and eighty-two.
(Sgd.) FERDINAND E. MARCOS
President of the Philippines
By the President:
(Sgd.) JUAN C. TUVERA
Presidential Executive Assistant
Source: Malacañang Records Office
Office of the President of the Philippines. (1982). [Executive Order Nos. : 781-857]. Manila : Malacañang Records Office.