LETTER OF IMPLEMENTATION NO. 157
INCLUDING THE MOVIE AND TELEVISION REVIEW AND CLASSIFICATION BOARD AND THE VIDEOGRAM REGULATORY BOARD IN THE COMPENSATION PLAN FOR THE OFFICE OF THE PRESIDENT (PROPER).
WHEREAS, Presidential Decrees Nos. 1986 and 1987 have created the Movie and Television Review and Classification Board and the Videogram Regulatory Board to cope with the urgent and critical problems facing the movie and television and the videogram industries;
WHEREAS, it has been recognized that the renationalization and development of these industries constitute a vital link in the national effort towards economic recovery;
WHEREAS, the tasks assigned to the Movie and Television Review and Classification Board and the Videogram Regulatory Board by Presidential Decrees Nos. 1986 and 1987 make them critical agencies to the national development efforts, warranting their inclusion in the coverage of Letter of Implementation No. 88.
NOW, THEREFORE, I, FERDINAND E. MARCOS, President of the Philippines, by virtue of the powers vested in me by law, do hereby Order and Instruct:
1. Letter of Implementation No. 88 be amended to include the Movie and Television Review and Classification Board and the Videogram Regulatory Board in the Compensation Plan for the Office of the President (Proper).
2. The Compensation Plan for the Office of the President (Proper) shall automatically apply to all regular Sub-Career Service positions in these Boards.
3. The adjustment directed by this Letter of Implementation shall be covered by salary lapses and other savings of the two Boards. To cover any remaining deficiency, these Boards are hereby authorized to realign their available allotments.
4. The adjustment herein authorized shall take effect on the respective datas of the constitution of the two Boards.
5. The Office of the Budget and Management in coordination with these Boards is hereby directed to formulate the rules and regulations restructuring the Classification and Compensation Plan of the latter based on the applicable Classification and Compensation Plan of any of the Offices presently under the Office of the President and covered by Section 3 of Letter of Implementation No. 88.
Done in the City of Manila, this 20th day of November, in the year of our Lord, nineteen hundred and eighty-five.
(Sgd.) FERDINAND E. MARCOS
By the President:
(Sgd.) JUAN C. TUVERA
Presidential Executive Assistant
Source: Presidential Management Staff