Opening up more opportunities to jobseekers, the Department of Labor and Employment will be conducting nationwide job fairs until the end of 2015, to be hosted by Public Employment Service Offices (PESOs).
Secretary Rosalinda Dimapilis-Baldoz urged employers to continue playing their cooperative role in providing more opportunities to jobseekers. She said there are still more than 40 job fairs in the remaining days of October to December this year.
“The year 2015 is almost over, but we in the DOLE are keen to really open up more opportunities to job seekers, hence our job fairs will continue to be conducted until the close of the year,” she said.
Baldoz took the opportunity to thank employers for their tireless participation in year-round job fairs which are one of DOLE’s strategies in the pursuit of the overarching goal stated by President Benigno S. Aquino III, in his 22-point labor and employment agenda, to “invest in our country’s top resource, our human resource, to make us more competitive and employable” by addressing job mismatch.
According to Baldoz, the country’s network of local government units and Public Employment Service Offices (PESOs) under the supervision of the Bureau of Local Employment (BLE), including DOLE’s regional offices, will host the DOLE’s job fairs for the remaining days of 2015.
“We are constantly promoting better coordination between employers, the academe, and the government to strengthen cooperation so that the opportunities in the job fairs will be accessible to jobseekers in major cities, municipalities, and even in the barangays,” said Baldoz.
She also said the onsite presence in the job fairs of DOLE and other government agencies, such as the Technical Education and Skills Development Authority, ensured that workers received related assistance, including skills training, retooling and upgrading to enhance their employability.
For the rest of 2015, the job fair schedules are as follows:
Cordillera Administrative Region (CAR):
- November 11-12—115th Benguet Foundation Anniversary, Governor Ben Palispis Hall, Capitol La Trinidad, Benguet;
National Capital Region (NCR):
- November 17-18–Manila Bulletin Classified Ads Job Fair, SM City North EDSA, Skydome;
- October 22—Dinalupihan Sports Complex, Dinalupihan, Bataan;
- October 22-23—Activity Area of Robinsons Luisita, Tarlac City;
- October 23—Capitol Grounds, PESO Provincial Capitol, Balanga City, Bataan; Events Center SM City Baliuag, DRT Highway, Pagala, Baliuag, Bulacan; Meycauayan City Hall Grounds, Sto. Niño, Meycauayan City, Bulacan;
- November 6—Hagonoy Municipal Ground, Sto. Niño, Hagonoy, Bulacan;
- November 10—Jose Singco Gymnasium, Cangatba, Porac, Pampanga;
- October 23—Mabini Covered Court, Mabini, Batangas;
- November 13—65th Founding Anniversary-Provincial Government of Oriental Mindoro, Capitol Complex, Brgy. Camilmil, Calapan City, Oriental Mindoro;
- October 22—Governor’s Training Hall, Capitol Bldg. Compound, Sorsogon City;
- October 22—Philippine Call Center Institute Job Fair, The Shops at Amigo, Yulo-Arroyo, Iloilo City Proper, Iloilo City;
- October 23—PESO-LGU Dumangas Job Fair, Cong. N.D. M. Civic & Cultural Center;
- November 7—Peso-Escalante, The Big Square Coliseum, Escalante City;
- November 21—Local And Overseas Job Fair, Mandaue City;
- December 5—74th Mega Local Jobfair. Cebu City Sports Complex;
- October 23—Titay, Zamboanga Sibugay;
- November 7—Imelda, Zamboanga Sibugay;
- October 26-27—Oroquieta Job Fair & Skills Demo ’15, ABC Gymnasium;
- November 21—Cong. Karlo Nograles Mini Job Fair, Palma Gil Elem. School Covered Court, Quirino Ave., Davao City;
- November 27—PESO Davao City Fridays Job Fair; 4th Floor, Davao City Hall Building, Davao City;
- December 8—DOLE Anniversary Job Fair;
- December 18—PESO Davao City Fridays Job Fair, 4th Floor, Davao City Hall Building, Davao City;
- October 23— Barangay Job Fair, LGU Tacurong City;
- October 26— Love Radio and YES FM Jobs Fair, Robinson’s Place, Lagao, General Santos City;
- October 28—Trabaho Patrol, General Santos City;
- December 21—Love Radio and YES FM Jobs Fair, Robinson’s Place, Lagao, General Santos City;
- November 4—Mini Job Fair, Bagumbayan, Municipal Gym;
- November 6—Mini Job Fair, Pres. Quirino, Municipal Gym;
- November 7—Kaya ni Juan Trabaho Patrol, 3rd Floor Southseas Complex;
- November 10—Hinabyog Festival, Esperanza Gymnasium, Sultan Kudarat;
- November 13—Tulunan Job Fair, Tulunan, Cotabato;
- November 18—Midsayap Job Fair, Midsayap, Cotabato; Kalimudan Job Fair, Provincial Capitol Lobby;
- November 20—Annual Job Fair, Bagumbayan, Sultan Kudarat;
- December 21—Love Radio and YES FM Jobs Fair, Robinson’s Place, Lagao, General Santos City; and
- November 21—ABS-CBN Job Fair, Robinsons Place Butuan.
The job fair schedules are also accessible at http://www.phil-jobnet.dole.gov.ph/Schedule.aspx.