Twenty percent (20%) discount and VAT exemption
- Medical-related privileges
- Domestic transportation privileges
- Hotels, restaurants, recreational centers, and places of leisure, and funeral services
- Recreations centers
- Admission fees privilege
- Funeral and burial services
- Income tax exemption
- Exemption from training fees
- Free medical and dental services in government facilities
- Free vaccinations for indigent senior citizens
- Educational privileges
- Benefits and privileges for retirees
- Privileges on granting special discounts in special programs
- Express lanes privileges
Click here to learn about utility discounts.
Credit card payments
The 20% discount and VAT exemption shall also apply to purchases of goods and services by senior citizens paying through credit cards.
No double discounts
In the purchase of goods and services which are on promotional discount, the senior citizen can avail of the establishment’s offered discount or the 20% discount provided herein, whichever is higher and more favorable.
In cases where the senior citizen is also a person with disability (PWD) entitled to a 20% discount under his/her valid PWD identification card (ID), the senior citizen shall use either his/her OSCA-issued ID card or PWD ID card to avail of the 20% discount.
The establishment may claim the discounts provided herein as tax deductions based on the cost of the goods sold or services rendered: Provided, that the cost of the discount shall be allowed as deduction from gross income for the same taxable year that the discount is granted: Provided, further, That the total amount of the claimed tax deduction net of VAT, if applicable, shall be included in their gross sales receipts for tax purposes and shall be subject to proper documentation and to the provisions of the National Internal Revenue Code (NIRC), as amended.